How to Create a Plugin (Apps) - End to End Tutorial
How to Setup and Deploy a Plugin in Mantium
In this guide, you will learn how to setup and deploy a plugin in Mantium. By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to create a new plugin, configure it, and make it available for use within OpenAI.
- An OpenAI key. If you don't have one yet, you can provide it during the setup process. This key is used to generate embeddings if they are not already in your dataset.
Setting Up a Plugin
Navigate to the Apps section on the Mantium dashboard.
At the top right corner, click on New App.
Choose either Dataset or Data Source depending on whether your data is already set up or not.
If Dataset was selected, choose the specific dataset to be turned into a plugin.
Choose your OpenAI key. If you don't have one yet, you can provide it at this stage.
Review the data overview screen. If there are no embeddings, select Standard. If embeddings are in your dataset, select Advanced.
If Advanced was selected, specify the name of the column containing your text and the column containing your embeddings.
Click Next. If Standard was selected, Mantium will automatically generate the embeddings and process your data.
To finalize the Plugin setup, provide the following information(see an example image below):
Plugin Name: A user-friendly name for your plugin visible within Mantium. Name for ChatGPT: The name that ChatGPT will use for your plugin. Description for ChatGPT: A detailed description explaining to ChatGPT when to use your plugin and what it does. This is limited to 8000 characters. Set the TopK: The number of results to be returned to OpenAI for consideration.
Deploying a Plugin
The first step is to get the URL and HTTP access token from Mantium. This information will be provided to OpenAI to make your plugin available.
Next, go to chat.openai.com and log into your account.
Choose the GPT-4 model option and then select Plugins.
Under the list of Plugins, click on Plugin store
At the bottom right corner of the Plugin store, click on Develop your own plugin
- Copy the URL provided in Mantium, and paste it in the Domain field (see an example image below).
- Confirm that the plugin is found and the manifest is validated as shown in the image below.
- Continue through the process until prompted to provide an HTTP access token. Copy the access token from Mantium and paste it in.
- Your plugin is now ready for use within OpenAI.
Congratulations! You have now successfully set up and deployed a plugin in Mantium. You should now be able to use this plugin within OpenAI.
Updated about 10 hours ago